Jobs

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
danno

Re: Jobs

Post by danno » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:25 pm

onairla wrote:what kind of Fantasy land are you living in? BOO HOO HOO
What you feel danno: I'M A MAN!
How others see you: *click... :idea:
So GO AHEAD, pick up your marbles and go CRY IN THE CORNER. fact is YOU CAN'T DISPUTE A THING I'VE WRITTEN OVER THE PAST FEW WEEKS ABOUT obamacare. instead of believing what OBAMA,NANCY PELOSI.HARRY REID & Politicians say or have said about it...READ THE LAW...

onairla

Post by onairla » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:47 pm

Just about every point you made is wrong danno. The dreamworld you live in is no where near reality. You are a very negative person and I am done with your foolishness. *click.

danno

Post by danno » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:20 pm

onairla wrote:Just about every point you made is wrong danno. The dreamworld you live in is no where near reality. You are a very negative person and I am done with your foolishness. *click.
NO, what your are done with is trying to DEFEND a position without disputing what i am saying, other than simply saying I'm Wrong...pretty LAME, but it is what ALL Liberals do when they try to defend their position.. READ THE LAW Pal.... my guess is YOU NEVER WILL, just keep believing the Crap being fed to you by nancy pelosi, SHE NEVER READ THE LAW EITHER!

tstone

Post by tstone » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:53 am

What does Nancy Pelosi have to do with any of this? Dunno about "all" conservatives, but you flame throwing douchebags are intellect bereft talking point/iinvective spewing autopilot tards who don't contribute one damn bit of currency to the conversation national.

If anything, you are dialogue vampires, sucking off your talking points from your "betters" and bleeding it out to all and sundry, not even realizing they've heard it all before and know this act is decades old.

STFU, Danno. Get some new material, already.

raymond

Post by raymond » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:29 pm

There was a post on Yahoo News Saturday night which spoke of companies already having a position covered when they post their ad. I personally know a broadcast company who practices this religiously. These companies CLAIM it is legal. But with the present government what is illegal is no longer.
Needless to say it is only screwing great talent out of jobs. EEOC was supposed to stop this practice. This would be called a LOOPHOLE! Leave it to our government to leave loopholes in everything. So blame whom you want. BOTH Republican AND DEMOCRAT are guilty of shoddy law writing. You are NOT the only person effected with this. When you send a resume and air check and don't hear anything, chalk it up to the job was filled by an insider. Not because you lack in quality. Just like the old nepotism crap which used to plague our industry. Wait, it still does!

danno

Post by danno » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Raymond nothing quite pisses me off more than the practice of stations posting openings THEY ALREADY HAVE FILLED, but YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND WHY THIS IS HAPPENING... in order to satisfy their "Public File" Outreach, they MUST post openings several times a year IF they Have one or not.... and YOU can TELL when they are doing this WHEN they mention eeoc "Opening" in the job post, i would be willing to BET 90% of ALL the jobs listed in "Stealth Jobs" are NOT real openings, but rather THEY ARE COLLECTING RESUMES TO satisfy the Government.. ... its a Cruel Joke played on those who might REALLY, need an actual Job and think they have a CHANCE....

jdpig

Post by jdpig » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:53 pm

Most of the ads you see are EEO required ads only. By the time it gets here, the PD/GM already has an idea who they want in the position. Unless something hits their inbox and TOTALLY blows them away, they've already made the decision where they are going. If you're a standout, they already know about you. Times are tough for talent right now. So much of radio is either voice tracked, or the consultants who actually dictate who to hire have the pool of folks they like. Good luck to ya, and get to know some PDs. Network the hell out of yourself. When I was an APD/MD, I spent most of my off-air time networking. Now that I'm an engineer/on-air person, I still network with others in the field... just in case. I've fallen into the All Access trap once or twice as well. These postings are MOSTLY to fulfill a federal requirement, but you never know. Keep submitting.

sburke

Post by sburke » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:06 am

I do keep submitting, and networking, but still to no avail. Kinda crushed.